Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Belong as a University Student
I am qualified to become a university student. I belong in this university because I am a well motivated and persistent student. I know what needs to be done before I pursue further projects. I always get my work done and use time management to finish tasks on time. I am a very organized worker. I hold a part-time job, play sports, and manage to get decent grades. My social life once got in the way of my academics but all that is different now. I grew as a student and a person and today I am a mature young women with plenty of goals.
I want to become a pediatrician. I have wanted to work in the medical field since I was about 5 years old. Both my mother and step-father are nurses at UW hospital and Oakwood Rehabilitation Center. My childhood growing up was all about school. Both my parents were going back to college and finishing nursing school while I trail blazed from elementary and up to high school. I have always wanted to go to UW Madison because of the location. I am from Madison, Wisconsin and I would love to stay close to family. Plus I like the downtown area and its diversity amongst groups/organizations. The sorority life sounds fun and exciting as well.
I have been a part of the P.E.O.P.L.E Program since I was 12 years old and since then I have learned about the campus, the classes, the organizations and my sense of location. I would certainly fit in on campus and be another well educated women graduating from a top college. The P.E.O.P.L.E program gave me an opportunity to settle into college life and experience the campus hands on. I know many of the buildings but name and location. I can navigate around campus and even direct others. This will definitely assist me when I get to college and make me more productive when I arrive to class on time. I feel that the P.E.O.P.L.E Program has prepared me for college and I look forward to taking what I have learned and putting in forth in the future.
I belong as a university student not just for my goals in life or that I want to go here but that of which I feel most comfortable here. With comfort my mind can ease on academics rather than any side tracks. I will continue to achieve my goals and work my way to earning acceptance at the UW Madison.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this piece. It gave me a sense of belonging. I'm sure you will make it far in life, if you keep striving for your goals. "I feel that the P.E.O.P.L.E Program has prepared me for college and I look forward to taking what I have learned and putting in forth in the future." I agree with this quote because without P.E.O.P.L.E I wouldn't know where I would be going with the college area. I believe this program is great and is helpful in plenty of different aspects. I like how you said your social life once got in your way and then you changed it up and it's no longer a problem. This is very good and deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoyed this piece and like how you put your life obstetrical. I saw stay focus and keep putting education first. One thing that i would have really liked to see is the control and demand of belonging here, like more confidence know that this is where your determined to be!

    ReplyDelete