Thursday, July 2, 2009

discourse;;in easy terms

Discourse is a confusing idea but can easily be identified as the way yuh present yur thoughtz in person az well as in writing. One has an instict 2 act'a certain way around certain people. People may, tlk slang or ebonics infront of a group of friendz buh, speak in a proper form of voice to others. The way most of our speech changes with different audiences. Like my dad for instence...he'll say "aye lemme tlk 2 biddy"when talking 2 my cousin but says "hello may i speak to mrs. johnson when calling my moms job." There's am way one speaks at interviews verses the terms they use at home. It is not being fake but just what we are taught to do. Children follow their parents actions so when a parent yells and tells them to be nice when they say rude things, this teaches them how to act when they get older.

2 comments:

  1. Good job. I like your slang discourse. You could write more on this--expand it, play around with the concept you're working on.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used "text talk". I thought that was really creative and how you used it to explain discourse. I agree with you that children follow what their parents do, and it impacts how the child will act. You did a great job! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete