Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I belong...

belonging is a sense or feeling,

the feeling of comfort.

belonging is family,with love, heart, and soul.

belonging is with my bestiez,

tay, boogz, poodah, ect. having my back.

belonging could be basketball,

the ball, the court, the pride, the passion.

belonging is always myself,

my stride, my goals, my look at life.

belonging to the world,

the forms of life as we know it.

belonging to school,

the books, the knowledge, the education to come.

I belong to this world, these people, this life.

it's mine and i love it because it's where...

I belong<3

3 comments:

  1. I have read all three pieces. You have created three distinctly different pieces, yet each one captures an important part of yourself. The third piece, the spoken word piece, seems the discourse that is closer to the true you, the core. I found that piece really impressive and strong and some of your lines and images and metaphors were fantastic. Great work. You are a writer with a future in writing! Keep it up.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Belonging could be basketball,
    the ball, the court, the pride, the passion."
    This pretty much makes me speechless. I love basketball with a passion and if it weren't for basketball, I don't know where I would be at today. It keeps me going in life because I wouldn't want anything to mess it up. Very good poem. I like the way it is set up and how you involved different aspects of your life into it. Good job. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I like all of your writing. I especially like your second piece when you talk about going to UW Madison because I feel the same way. I also love campus and Madison is such a great city. Im proud of you babbbby! haha and Im glad your social life is not going to get in the way of school again ;). Dont let that happen again!
    -Enis

    ReplyDelete